Roasted Chicken With Olives Rosemary Capers
Add this versatile chicken recipe from top chef Mike Ward to your recipe arsenal. It delivers huge, savory flavor and is remarkably easy to make.
- 2½ lb. of skin-on chicken thighs & drumsticks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 finely diced white onion
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 4 Tbsp. capers
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar (I prefer Maille vinegar)
- Medium sized can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar (optional)
- 1 cup of pitted black olives
- 1 tsp. crushed chili flakes
- Bunch of rosemary
In a medium/high ovenproof sauté pan, brown off chicken pieces that are well-seasoned with salt and pepper; remove from pan and set aside.
Remove any excess fat from the pan, reduce to medium heat, add onions and garlic, sauté until almost brown (opaque), then add capers and balsamic. Let balsamic reduce by half (about 2 minutes), add crushed tomatoes, sugar, olives, chili flakes, chicken pieces, a few sprigs of rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
Slide into oven at 425°F for 25 minutes without a lid. Remove from oven, check for seasoning, and serve with couscous, quinoa, or roasted sweet potatoes. A recipe by CHEF MIKE WARD.