Unexpected additions add flavor and a protein-packed punch for an extra dose of (delicious) early-morning energy
SMASHED AVOCADO TOAST WITH SOFT-BOILED EGG
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp. each white chia seeds, sesame seeds, and cumin seeds
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Fresh lime wedges and baby mint springs for garnish
Place the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 7 minutes. While the eggs are cooking, combine chia seeds, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, and salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside. Place 2 slices of toast on each plate and top with avocado. When the eggs are finished cooking, drain and refresh under cold water. Peel and slice the eggs in half and place on the toast. Sprinkle the seed mixture over the toast and garnish with lime wedges and mint.
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay.
Need a quick "Late for work" version? Sprouted bread toasted with smashed avocado and a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt. Delish!