Take lunchtime to a new level of deliciousness with a tried-and-true classic that features a surprise twist
- 8 pieces thick-sliced peppered bacon
- 8 slices favorite sandwich bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons puréed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound shaved smoked turkey breast
- 1 pound shaved smoked ham
- 2 avocados, each cut into 8 slices
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- Romaine lettuce leaves, thinly sliced
- Banana peppers, sliced
Cook the bacon in a heavy skillet over medium heat, turning once or twice, until crisp, about 8 minutes; drain on paper towels, then halve. Meanwhile, toast the bread until light golden brown. Mix the mayonnaise with the sun-dried tomato purée in a small bowl. For each sandwich, top one piece of toast with four pieces of bacon, some avocado slices, four ounces of turkey, four ounces of ham, one slice of Havarti, and some lettuce and pepper slices. Slather another piece of toast with sun-dried tomato mayonnaise and top the sandwich. Halve or quarter the sandwiches. Serve.
Preparing your club ahead of time? Leave the dressing until you serve the sandwiches to avoid soggy bread.