OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
As an American-made and family-owned company, we’re committed to the well-being of our customers, our team, our community, and the environment. We take definitive steps in transportation, water usage, power generation, lighting design, tooling, and materials to help safeguard the land and its people for generations to come.
We are privileged to work with quartz, a unique and precious resource. This drives our sustainability efforts—informing our processes, infusing our products, and shaping our environmental and community stewardship.
Beginning in our company-owned mine and continuing through processing, we employ sustainable best practices in our operations and encourage our partners to do the same.
We thrive when our customers are safe, our employees are healthy, our communities are resilient, our practices are sustainable, and our environment is conserved. Certifications demonstrate our commitment to these values.
What you do every day indicates your deepest values. Our commitment to the environment shows in everything we do, from choosing eco-friendly shipping materials to watering our grounds from a drainage pond to taking care of our equipment to reusing our scrap.
- Mining quartz particles through crushed stone (versus extracting full slabs from the earth) leaves a smaller, greener footprint.
- To minimize disruption to the environment, mining sites are backfilled and the land is restored after the quartz is extracted.
- Our commitment to American made, including a domestic supply chain, means a limited carbon footprint and on demand inventory.
- To transfer raw material to our warehouse, we use rail and minimize the use of trucks.
- Through a series of advanced settling and filtering techniques, we recycle 100% of the water used for production in Cambria’s processing and fabrication facilities, saving an estimated 1.6 billion gallons annually.
- An on-site storm drainage pond provides water for the grounds of the processing facility. The pond is replenished by runoff from the grounds, parking lot drains, and an on-site well.
- 100% of the power used at the mine is hydroelectric.
- All diamond-metal tooling is refurbished and reused. Each diamond-metal tool has a lifespan of approximately 2,000 lineal feet. At that point, Cambria refurbishes and restores the tool for use on another 2,000 lineal feet. This process is repeated up to seven times to prolong the tool’s usable life.
- By evaluating prework and investing in technology, we minimize slab rework. To produce the highest quality product, we invest heavily in quality control, including state-of-the-art technological support. This naturally minimizes rework.
- Located in close proximity to our manufacturing facilities, a crushing facility processes any unused Cambria for reuse. Some of this crushed material can be reused in Cambria slabs and Life + Style retail products such as bookends and coasters. The remainder is repurposed for community road materials and other construction needs. We also repurpose 100% of pallet wood used.
- True sustainability requires an ongoing effort to evaluate the impact of our decisions and identify opportunities for improvement. This effort drives our innovations.
Our commitment to sustainability is also reflected in our products. We strive to minimize their impact on the environment, to be transparent about the ingredients used, and to create a product that will last a lifetime.
- Mining in the way we do allows us to extract the highest quality raw materials to use in our slabs, while minimizing the impact on the environment.
- The Declare label, developed by the International Living Future Institute, indicates that we voluntarily disclose where our products come from, what they are made of, and where they go at the end of their life.
- Cambria quartz is included in the mindful MATERIALS Library. The library compiles product sustainability information which helps industry professionals make informed purchase decisions.
REFURBISHED AND RECYCLED MATERIALS
- Cambria is committed to sustainability and offers products with recycled content comprised of reused Cambria quartz slabs, pigments, and binders. Specific Cambria products contain pre-consumer recycled content certified by SCS Global Services. Please refer to individual designs for content.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
Have a question or need to find a Cambria representative? Contact our Gensler Customer Service team in Minnesota at 1-888-7QUARTZ (1-888-778-2789) from 7am to 7pm CST Monday through Friday. Or via email any time at CustomerService@CambriaUSA.com.