Beyond the Surface
SEASON ONE | AN AMERICAN ORIGINAL: MID-CENTURY MODERN
Mid-century modern is one of only a few historic American design styles to completely embody such a specific moment in time and fascinate a population to such an extent. The ratings don’t lie – we love living vicariously through characters like Don and Betty Draper or Mrs. Maisel while we soak up the sets, the clothes, and all the style of that delicious mid-century vibe. Indulge in this four-part series as we unravel this love affair with mid-century modern design.
Related Cambria Style Articles
- Mod Men
- Christopher Kennedy makes mid-century modern in the Mojave Desert.
- Great Getaway
- Inside Michelle Boudreau's glamorous Palm Springs vacation home.
- Mid-Century Contemporary
- A Washington designer puts a Zen twist on retro style.
- See the Curtis Green Home
- A home with pedigreed architectural heritage gets a new lease on life.