[Updated June 15, 2018]
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change browser settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit a Cambria Website, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of the website if you reject certain cookies. If you use different devices to view and access Cambria Websites (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc.) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
The cookies we use or allow are an accepted part of ecommerce and important to your use of Cambria Websites. The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you; it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet (e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns, and timings of browsing on the website) and your location. Details about the types of cookies that Cambria utilizes can be found below.
Types of Cookies Utilized by Cambria Websites
Necessary cookies enabling basic functions on Cambria Websites, like page navigation and access to secure areas of the websites. Cambria Websites cannot function properly without these cookies. Necessary cookies are used for the following purposes, including:
- Preserving your website session state across page requests;
- Distributing traffic to Cambria Websites across several servers in order to optimize response times and improve your website experience;
- Identifying trusted web traffic to keep Cambria Websites secure;
- Storing your cookie consent state for the current Cambria Website you're visiting.
Preference cookies enable Cambria Websites to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks during your experience, like your preferred language or the region that you are in. Preference cookies are used for the following purposes, including:
- Enabling cookie consent across multiple Cambria Websites;
- Establishing a unique user ID that recognizes you on return visits in order to improve and personalize your website experience.
Statistic cookies help us understand how visitors interact with Cambria Websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. Statistics cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Anonymously logging details about your browser and computer through Google Analytics;
- Registering a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how you use Cambria Websites;
- Controlling website traffic to optimize Cambria Websites performance and experience;
- Collecting anonymous data on your visits to Cambria Websites, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded, in order to generate reports for optimizing Cambria Websites' content.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across Cambria Websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the Cambria Website's individual users. Marketing cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Registering a unique ID that identifies your device for the purpose of targeted ads, auto-populating forms, validating if certain contact information is correct, keeping statistics about third party sites used/accessed through the Cambria Websites (Facebook, YouTube.);
- Determining what type of device (smartphones, tablets, computers, TVs etc.) is being used to access the Cambria Websites;
- Gathering anonymous technical information regarding your browser, operating system, IP address and screen resolution as well as your navigation on the website;
- Registering anonymized user data, such as IP address, geographical location, visited websites, and what ads you have clicked, with the purpose of optimizing ad display based on your movement on websites that use the same ad network;
- Collecting data on your visits to the website, such as what pages have been accessed, number of visits, average time spent on the website, in order to categorize your interest and demographic profiles in terms of resales for targeted marketing, identifying traffic patterns on Cambria Websites, and carrying out surveys to better understand your preferences;
- Evaluating efficacy of advertisements and likelihood of groups to engage with the Cambria Websites and purchase Cambria products;
- Registering your sharing of content via social media.