Cambria Opens New State-of-the-Art Studio in King Street East Design District
TORONTO, ONT (March 22, 2012) – Cambria, the only North American family-owned company in the quartz surfaces business, is proud to announce the opening of its new Studio, located in an historical building at 91 Parliament Street in the enterprising King Street East design district.
“Cambria is thrilled to debut cutting edge innovation and style in quartz surfacing with our new Cambria Studio,” said Sara Rooney, Cambria’s Ontario District Manager. “We believe this state-of-the-art studio represents Cambria’s dedication to excellence through exceptional design detail and fabrication quality. We are committed to growing the Cambria brand and supporting the efforts of our partners by driving demand for our product.”
Cambria is a privately-held, family-owned company with headquarters in Le Sueur, Minnesota. It first ventured into the Canadian market in 2002; opened a $4-million, 68,000 square foot fabrication facility in Bolton, Ontario; and, ranks among the fastest-growing companies in North America. Opening the new Cambria Studio in Toronto is another commitment to growing its business in the Canadian marketplace,
The Cambria Studio was designed by local designer/builder Ramsin Khachi of Khachi Design Group, a regular contributor on CTV’s Marilyn Denis Show. Vignettes throughout the studio were designed by top local designers including:
- Jane Lockhart of Jane Lockhart Interior Design (and host of TV show Colour Confidential)
- Peter Lunney of Fleur-de-lis Interior Design
- Victoria Shaw of Victoria Shaw Interiors
- Melandro Quilatan of Tomas Pearce Interior Design
- Janette Ewen, Interior Stylist (and a regular guest on CityLine)
- Melissa Davis of HCMD (of HGTV’s Marriage Under Construction and Income Property)
The Studio will function in many different capacities and feature innovative uses of Cambria meant to inspire great design. Features and benefits include:
- Slabs showing the variation and movement only found in Cambria.
- An assortment of vignettes including kitchens, bathrooms, lounge, commercial applications and custom wine cellar.
- Original artwork exhibits by local artists inspired by Cambria colours.
- Private conference room and work stations available to partners and designers and their customers.
- Resource room and work space where designers can spread out plans and mix and match Cambria with complimentary materials.
- A full-scale event space.
“Cambria is committed to innovation, meticulous attention to detail and the pursuit of excellence every day. The Cambria Studio represents these core values undoubtedly,” says Summer Kath, Director of Brand for Cambria. “Every design detail was considered to create a consistent ‘Cambria Style’, first class experience at every touch point. We are confident the Studio will serve our partners and consumers in a meaningful way and will impress, inspire and generate devoted advocates of our brand.”
Cambria is a stain resistant, nonporous natural quartz surface that is harder, stronger, safer and easier to care for than other stone surfaces. Cambria is the only family-owned North American company producing natural quartz surfaces. Headquartered in Le Sueur, Minnesota, Cambria is sold through a network of independent stone fabricators and installers and is available to consumers via boutique retail partners throughout North America. For more information visit www.CambriaCanada.com.
# # #