Quality Assurance Technician
Belle Plaine, MN
Cambria has an excellent opportunity for a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment. This position is responsible for inspecting slab quality based on gloss, thickness and other aesthetics representative of Cambria. We have 1st and 2nd shift positions available at this time.
- Perform all work while following safety standards and procedures, such as lock out/tag out. Avoid entering restricted areas without first shutting down machines and pulling the safety key.
- Measure slab thickness, check gloss and visually inspect slabs for defects using the standard color for comparison.
- Record slab defects and deviations from the standard.
- Complete shift start-ups and daily cleaning checklists.
- Input the status of slabs into the WCS computer system.
- Communicate with the Quality Assurance Supervisor throughout all work shifts.
- Ensure that every slab is sent to the proper trolley/stand to keep a consistent flow of production.
- Assist the Polishing Operators and Unload Jot Operators as needed.
- Keep work station clean and orderly at all times.
- Communicate any problems or changes concerning equipment, products or safety with management.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner and communicate any issues at the shift transition.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Ability to use subjective reasoning to make decisions.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to regularly stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to see clearly at close distances and long distances.
- Accurate color perception required.
- Ability to detect defects and imperfections in finished product.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
- Ability to wear respirator when required.
- Ability to work in wet and/or humid conditions occasionally.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, WCS and ERP programs).
If you are looking to advance your career by becoming a member of a growing and dynamic team, we are eager to meet you. Please send your resume and salary requirements to Employment@CambriaUSA.com (reference job # 13-022 in the subject line of your e-mail).
Cambria is a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial vision. We bring a new perspective and approach to the countertop industry by responding to the needs of our customers. With state-of-the-art facilities, combined with the work ethic of experienced employee teams, Cambria has rapidly become an industry leader.