Belle Plaine, MN
Cambria has an excellent opportunity for a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment. The Business Analyst/Design Architect is responsible for creating and maintaining project design architecture and reporting within the Business Partner Services Department.
- Recommend, document and support the delivery of pragmatic technical solutions that fulfill specific business objectives while addressing major concerns, such as performance, scalability, quality, availability, etc.
- Add input into the creation of conceptual and logical specifications for all layers of a technology solution (application components, systems architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, security, etc.), including design artifacts such as component, deployment, class, and sequence models, activity diagrams, etc.
- Effectively collaborate with project stakeholders (business sponsors, subject matter experts, enterprise architecture, project management, etc.) in producing sound solutions
- Establish and maintain clear channels of communication about a solution, including presenting to small and large groups of mixed stakeholders (business and technical) as required
- Conduct design reviews throughout the project life cycle to assure solution integrity
- Maintain alignment with departmental strategy in solution offerings
- Support project management in estimating schedule and resource requirements for delivering architecture solutions
- Contribute to ongoing development and improvement of solutions
- Actively collaborate with management to provide consultation and mentoring on technology topics such as design and methodology
- Design effective reporting based on solution standards and practices using data provided in applications
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Four years of experience as a business analyst/design architect
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field (or equivalent knowledge of relevant technology fundamentals)
- Extensive knowledge with MS SQL Server writing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Knowledge of Visio and application design modeling
- Experience with Crystal Reports or Business Objects a plus
- Proven skills in creating design architecture based off of business requirements
- Superb analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to comprehend ambiguous, complex problems and respond with achievable, appropriate solutions
- Proven success designing solutions that delight stakeholders and are delivered on time
- Expert collaborator with business and technical colleagues, adept at building rapport
- Solid awareness of the objectives and concerns in each of the SDLC phases
- Able to manage multiple priorities; self-directed and customer service focused.
If you are looking to advance your career by becoming a member of a growing and dynamic team, we are eager to meet you. Please send your resume and salary requirements to Employment@CambriaUSA.com (reference job # 13-006 in the subject line of your e-mail).
Cambria is a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial vision. We bring a new perspective and approach to the countertop industry by responding to the needs of our customers. With state-of-the-art facilities, combined with the work ethic of experienced employee teams, Cambria has rapidly become an industry leader.