Commercial Sales Representative
New York, NY
Cambria has an excellent opportunity for a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment. This position is responsible for establishing strong relationships with design professionals to market the Cambria brand, to obtain Cambria specifications through strategically targeted architecture/design firms, and to increase Cambria specifications and leads for our fabricator partners. The Commercial Sales Representative will represent Cambria throughout the greater New York City area.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the industry, LEED certification, and Green issues.
- Learn and demonstrate changes in industry standards and regulatory codes.
- Provide excellent sales support.
- Conduct quality AIA (American Institute of Architects), IDCEC (Interior Design Continuing Education Council) and continuing education seminars.
- Research and profile key prospect lists and build professional relationships with general contractors, millwork/casework companies, OEMs (original equipment manufacturers), project owners and architects/designers.
- Provide samples for specific commercial projects and update identified product libraries with all Cambria colors, marketing materials and contact information.
- Identify and participate in commercial trade shows to increase brand recognition.
- Stay actively involved in industry associations.
- Coordinate, train and guide Lexus/CFA/Distributor Sales Representatives and Cambria Residential Market Representatives within a geographic territory
- Identify and enroll qualified Cambria Commercial fabricators in appropriate territories.
- Manage and maintain the accuracy of data in the commercial activity report.
- Coordinate all project activity with the Commercial Projects Coordinator.
- Maintain accurate records in Salesforce, a customer relationship management system.
- Achieve specification sales goals and sales activity goals.
- Use expenses responsibly to increase Cambria brand awareness and build relationships.
- Develop an efficient travel schedule within an assigned territory.
- Work with Commercial Regional Managers to track projects.
- Maintain an effective home office while working independently and pro-actively.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Identify potential fabricator or installer partners.
- Work with Marketing and other business units to drive sales.
- Develop a business plan to maximize sales penetration in the marketplace.
- Actively participate in industry associations.
- Entertain clients in various social settings, such as dinners, sporting events and industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of work experience in sales or design industry required.
- Experience in the architectural and design industry a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong business knowledge and financial acumen.
- Strong sales skills.
- Proven track record of being customer-focused.
- Ability to build strong professional relationships.
- Presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work from a home office (fax, phone, etc. supplied by company).
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work extended and varying hours as needed.
If you are looking to advance your career by becoming a member of a growing and dynamic team, we are eager to meet you. Please send your resume and salary requirements to Employment@CambriaUSA.com (reference job # 13-074 in the subject line of your e-mail).
Cambria is a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial vision. We bring a new perspective and approach to the countertop industry by responding to the needs of our customers. With state-of-the-art facilities, combined with the work ethic of experienced employee teams, Cambria has rapidly become an industry leader.