Le Sueur, MN
Cambria has an excellent opportunity for a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment. This key position is responsible for troubleshooting equipment, performing preventative maintenance tasks, and completing other special projects.
- Responding to trouble calls
- Troubleshooting and repairing medium-complexity systems and equipment
- Instrumentation Calibration
- Preventive maintenance as assigned
- Special project assignments as assigned (e.g. rewiring a control panel)
- Other duties as assigned by management
Desired Skills & Experience:
- AS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/related engineering fields or equivalent industry experience and training
- Experience in manufacturing support/field-service role is preferred
- Knowledge of standards and practices commonly used in industrial manufacturing
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, or the ability to become proficient quickly
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation and drive
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and process control
- Knowledge of industrial computing hardware and software including HMI/OIT and SCADA (Wonderware, WinCC)
- The ability to discern cause and effect, and to tie multiple symptoms and indications to a root cause
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
If you are looking to advance your career by becoming a member of a growing and dynamic team, we are eager to meet you. Please send your resume and salary requirements to Employment@CambriaUSA.com (reference job # 13-097 in the subject line of your e-mail).
Cambria is a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial vision. We bring a new perspective and approach to the countertop industry by responding to the needs of our customers. With state-of-the-art facilities, combined with the work ethic of experienced employee teams, Cambria has rapidly become an industry leader.